Family Sponsorship

Many Canadian citizens and permanent residents have loved ones abroad that they wish they could bring to Canada. The Canadian government offers a number of ways to allow this dream to become a reality under its Family Class Sponsorship class.

Canada’s Family Class Sponsorship programs are some of the most generous family reunification programs in the developed world. After all, the Canadian government is committed to keeping families together whenever possible.

There are a number of relationships that qualify for Family Class Sponsorship, including spouses and common-law partners, parents and grandparents, dependent children, and potentially other relationships under certain Provincial Family Class Sponsorship programs. For parents and grandparents, there is also the Super Visa program.

You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent child to immigrate to Canada if:

  • you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • you are 18 or older
  • support your relative financially and
  • make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.

Spouse/ Common-law Partner


Parents/ Grandparents

Dependent Child


Super Visa